Terms And Conditions
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest and greatest news about discounts, upcoming rides, and our steam train updates.
We offer four classes of travel — Standard Coach, Excursion, First Class Coach and First Class Lounge. The standard coach, excursion coach and first-class coach cars all have a center-aisle with double seats on each side of the aisle. The standard coach cars have no A/C or heat but do have windows that open and close. The excursion coach and first-class coach cars do have A/C and heat. The standard coach and excursion coach cars seat between 62 and 72 passengers per car, and have one unisex bathroom in each car. The first-class coach (the Silver Pine) is considered a first-class car as it has limited seating (46 passengers total), both a men's and women's restroom in the car and complimentary snacks (chips, cookies, etc.), and bottled water are provided in the first class coach. For more information on the types of cars we operate, please refer to our Passenger Cars page.
You may receive a full refund (less internet ticketing fee) if reservations are canceled at least 72 hours prior to departure. After that point there are no refunds, but you may call during regular business hours prior to your train departure date/time to reschedule for another date. Please have your reschedule date selected when you call. Effective January 1, 2013, ASTA will no longer issue cancellation vouchers
Reservations must be canceled or changed by calling (512) 477-8468, ext. 2, during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Rules of the Rail Road
- No smoking anywhere on the train at any time.
- All passengers must wear shoes when they are not in their seats.
- Parents are responsible for their children's conduct at all times. NO RUNNING on the train.
- Children who have not reached their 14th birthday may not move about the train unless accompanied by an adult (18 years or older).
- Do not step on the yellow painted areas between cars.
- Do not put head, arms or anything else out of the windows.
- Do not open or close your window. Please ask your car attendant for assistance.
- Please ask your car attendant if you wish to have your seat turned.
- Look forward first when using the Dutch doors.
- Beware of close clearance at Leander Metro.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed unless provided by a caterer or ASTA. When alcohol is provided, it may not be taken off the train.
- Passengers are not allowed to bring personal alcoholic beverages onto the train.
- The restrooms in the cars will only be open when we are not in the station.
- Please do not leave valuables on the train while we are in Bertram/Burnet.
- Violations of these rules may result in removal from the train.
- Kids 13 and under qualify for child fares.
- Discounts available for seniors (62+) and groups of 20 or more. For large groups or special parties, ask about chartering a caboose, passenger car or the whole train!
- No charge for children under 3 years old, however, each child must ride in the lap of an adult.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages on the train.
- Snacks, beverages, and souvenirs available on board the train in our concession car. Gift certificates available for train buffs of all ages.
- The Austin & Texas Central Railroad makes every effort to maintain its schedule, but reserves the right to alter schedules or equipment without notice and cannot be held liable for delays, whatever the cause.
- The Austin & Texas Central Railroad has the right to revise its fares and policies at any time.
- Service animals are always welcome on board the train. Companion animals may travel with us but must remain in their carrier while on board.
Notice to Passengers With Disabilities
ASTA welcomes all passengers, including passengers with disabilities, and attempts to provide accommodations for all of its passengers. ASTA operates historic railroad equipment and the construction of the equipment limits accessibility. A wheelchair lift is available that can accommodate most wheelchairs and motorized chairs and lift these chairs and occupants from the boarding platform to the entry doors for the railroad cars. Entry doors maximum width is 24".
ASTA also has available a transfer chair to assist its passengers.
If a passenger is unable to move from a chair to one of the seats in the cars, the passenger should give advance notice to ASTA as there are limited areas where a passenger in a wheelchair can be accommodated, must call to make arrangements.
Please inform ASTA in advance of any special needs for a passenger and ASTA will attempt to make accommodations.