First Class Lounge
The Eagle Cliff was used on Missouri Pacific/Texas & Pacific streamline service trains # 1 and 2, the Texas Eagle, between St. Louis and Ft. Worth. The Eagle Cliff was built in 1948 by Pullman-Standard and is an excellent example of “smooth side” aluminum design. The Eagle Cliff is an 85 foot Sleeper-Lounge (the sole survivor of three such cars).
The interior is consists of five compartments, each with windows on one side and doors on the other, and seats for 26 in the lounge area. The two original large illuminated photographic murals in the lounge represent points of interest along the Missouri Pacific line.
After retirement from the Missouri Pacific in 1966, the Eagle Cliff was purchased by A.C. Schwethelm to entertain visitors at his business. It was purchased in 1975 by Bert Dockall of Rockdale, TX and James Vaughan of Liberty Hill, TX and restored between 1977 and 1979 in Cameron, TX. The car is owned and well cared-for by Eagle Rail Services and leased to the Austin and Texas Central Railroad. The Eagle Cliff is fully climate controlled.
Wheelchair accommodation available in this car.