2018 Day out with thomas Information
Grab your tickets through Ticket Web today! Thomas and his friends will return to the Burnet Community Center September 28, 29 and 30, 2018!
2018 Ticket Information
2018 tickets are now on sale HERE!
All tickets are $24, and include entrance into all onsite events! Tickets will be the same price onsite. No discounts are available onsite.
All seats are air conditioned.
2018 EVENT VENUE
All Day Out With Thomas events take place in Burnet, TX, September 28, 29 and 30, 2018! There are NO events or departures in Cedar Park for this special event. The address is:
Burnet Community Center
401 E Jackson Street
Burnet, TX 78611
2018 EVENT DETAILS
DAY OUT WITH THOMAS TICKET includes a scheduled 25 minute train ride behind Thomas the Tank Engine, all day admission to the Day Out With Thomas events at the Burnet Community Center, and the following activities:
- Photos opportunities with Thomas the Train and Sir Topham Hatt
*Photo packages can also be purchased by on-site photographer.
- Rock climbing wall
- Inflatable Cranky the Crane
- Miniature golf
- Thomas Imagination Station of interactive play
- Temporary tattoo station
- Arts and crafts at Imagination Station
- Traveling balloon twisters
- Wooden Thomas play station
- Live children’s musical performances
- Storytelling and videos
- Gift shop
On board the train passengers enjoy a 25 minute ride in one of our vintage cars, photo opportunities, music, a special Engineer Certificate, and activities lead by our car attendants.
Parking is free, and is immediately adjacent to the Community Center. Food is available for purchase on-site.
2018 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Event is rain or shine.
- Tickets are valid for the date/time printed on the ticket only.
- Seats are general admission and are not reserved. Passengers are sat on a first come, first served basis.
- Please arrive at least one hour early to allow time for parking and activities. The boarding lines form 20 minutes before each departure time.
- Ages 2 years and above require a ticket. Children under 2 are free, but are considered lap riders, and are asked to sit on the lap of an adult. They will not have their own seat on the train.
- Food and beverage are not allowed on train cars or in the gift shop.
- Restrooms are available at the Community Center, but will not be available on the train.
- All sales are final, no refunds.
2018 DOWT FAQs
Can we bring strollers on the train/in the gift shop?
Unfortunately, no. Due to space and safety concerns, strollers are not allowed on board the train or in the Gift Shop. There will be stroller parking just outside the doors to Community Center.
Are the seats assigned?
Seats are not assigned. All seats are general admission, and are first come, first served.
Is the train wheelchair accessible?
Due to the historical nature of the cars, there is very limited wheelchair accessible seats on board the train. If you need a wheelchair accessible seat, please check in at the ticket booth when you arrive, and we will do the best we can to accommodate you. Outside of the train, all other areas are wheelchair accessible.
How much are the photos?
Photo packages and pricing vary and will be available onsite the day of the event. You can also take your own photos at no charge.
Where does the train go?
The trip is approximately 3 miles round trip. You’ll board the train at our platform in Burnet, TX where the train will go out about 1.5 miles before heading back into Burnet. It does not make any stops along the way, or go to any major cities.
While you are on the train, we encourage you to participate in activities lead by our Car Attendants, and celebrate the ride with your very own Junior Engineer Certificate! You will also be riding in a rare vintage train car. Your Car Attendant will be happy to share the history of the car with you and tell you stories about it’s life!
What do we see from the train?
The 3 mile round trip takes you through the Texas Hill Country where you will see native Texas trees and local farmland in the city of Burnet. Activities happen inside your train car for the duration of the 3 mile ride.
Where is the free parking?
Free parking is located on two blocks next to the event on the corner of Boundary St. and Jackson St. From Austin/Georgetown, on Hwy 29, turn left onto Boundary St. From Llano, on Hwy 29 turn right onto Boundary St. Jackson Street is two blocks from Hwy 29.
Are there any discounts for Military?
Yes, there is a $4 per ticket discount for veteran and active duty military families. You can arrange for these discounted tickets by calling Ticket Web at 866.468.7630.