We offer four classes of travel – Excursion Coach, First Class Coach, First Class Lounge and Adults-Only First Class Lounge. The Excursion Coach and First-Class Coach cars all have a center-aisle with double seats on each side of the aisle. The Excursion Coach and First-Class Coach cars do have A/C and heat. The Excursion Coach cars seat between 62 and 70 passengers per car, and have one bathroom in each car. The First-Class Coach (the Silver Pine) is considered a first-class car as it has limited seating (46 passengers total), has two restrooms in the car and complimentary fruit and bottled water on standard rides.
For more information on the types of cars we operate, please refer to our Train descriptions.
You may receive a full refund (less internet ticketing fee) if reservations are canceled by the Monday prior to departure. After that point there are no refunds, but you may call during regular business hours prior to your train departure date/time to reschedule for another date. Please have your reschedule date selected when you call.
If you miss your train, please call the ASTA reservations line no later than 72 hours after your missed train if you would like to reschedule. We charge a $15 per person rescheduling fee for passengers who miss the train when a meal or drinks are served. We cannot reschedule missed trains more than 72 hours after the train departure time.
Reservations must be cancelled or changed by calling 512.477.8468, during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Rules of the Railroad
- No smoking or vapping anywhere on the train at any time.
- All passengers must wear shoes when they are not in their seats.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s conduct at all times. NO RUNNING on the train.
- Children who have not reached their 14th birthday may not move about the train unless accompanied by an adult (18 years or older).
- Do not step on the yellow painted areas between cars.
- Do not put head, arms or anything else out of the windows.
- Do not open or close your window. Please ask your car attendant for assistance.
- Please ask your car attendant if you wish to have your seat turned.
- Look forward first when using the Dutch doors.
- Beware of close clearance at Leander Metro.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed unless provided by a caterer or ASTA. When alcohol is provided, it may not be taken off the train.
- The restrooms in the cars may not be open in some cars when we are stationary.
- Please do not leave valuables on the train while we are in Bertram/Burnet.
- No guns, concealed or open car are permitted on the train.Required signs are posted.
- Violations of these rules may result in removal from the train.
- Kids 13 and under qualify for child fares on many rides.
- Discounts available groups of 20 or more on most standard rides. For large groups or special parties, ask about chartering a caboose, passenger car or the whole train!
- Children under 3 years old must ride in the lap of an adult.
- The Austin & Texas Central Railroad makes every effort to maintain its schedule, but reserves the right to alter schedules or equipment without notice and cannot be held liable for delays, whatever the cause.
- The Austin & Texas Central Railroad has the right to revise its fares and policies at any time.
- Service and companion animals are always welcome on board the train. Owners of companion animals should provide a doctor’s letter when booking a ride. Pets may travel with us but must remain their carrier while on board.Service and companion animals are always welcome on board the train. Owners of companion animals should provide a doctor’s letter when booking a ride. Pets may travel with us but must remain their carrier while on board.
Notice to Passengers with Disabilities
ASTA welcomes all passengers, including passengers with disabilities, and attempts to provide accommodations for all of its passengers. ASTA operates historic railroad equipment and the construction of the equipment limits accessibility. A wheelchair lift is available that can accommodate most wheelchairs and motorized chairs and lift these chairs and occupants from the boarding platform to the entry doors for the railroad cars. Entry doors maximum width is 27″.
ASTA also has available a transfer chair to assist its passengers.
If a passenger is unable to move from a chair to one of the seats in the cars, the passenger should give advance notice to ASTA as there are limited areas where a passenger in a wheelchair can be accommodated, must call to make arrangements.
Please inform ASTA in advance of any special needs for a passenger and ASTA will attempt to make accommodations.
Additionally, service and companion animals are always welcome on board the train. Owners of companion animals should provide a doctor’s letter when booking a ride. Pets may travel with us but must remain their carrier while on board.Service and companion animals are always welcome on board the train. Owners of companion animals should provide a doctor’s letter when booking a ride. Pets may travel with us but must remain their carrier while on board.