2018 ticketing policies
- Ticket Purchasing Policy
- In order to make a reservation, you must pay for 100% of your reservation at the time of purchase.
- If you are purchasing tickets with a gift certificate, you must pay any price differences or fees in order to make your reservation.
- Refund Policy
- All sales are final. There are no refunds.
- Reschedule Policy
- If you are no longer able to attend the date your original reservation is made for, you may reschedule to another ride in the same calendar year. If you upgrade to a more expensive ride, or class, you have to pay the difference. No refunds are offered if you reschedule to a less expensive ride or class. You must reschedule by the Monday prior to your ride, or you forfeit your tickets.
- You can only reschedule one time. After that one complimentary reschedule, you forfeit your tickets and their value.
- All tickets, and their value are lost at the end of the calendar year each year. You cannot reschedule from one calendar year to another.
- Missed Train Policy
- If you miss your train, or miss the reschedule deadline of the Monday prior to your ride- you forfeit the value of your tickets, and are not offered an opportunity to reschedule.
- Group Purchasing Policy
- If you purchase 20 seats or more at one time, you are eligible for a group discount of 10% on some rides. (See #7 below for details.) In order to get that discount, and hold the tickets, you must pay 100% of the total at the time of the reservation with one payment method. All sales are final. There are no refunds and no rescheduling on group sales.
- Charter Purchasing Policy
- If you purchase all ticket-able seats in a car, you are eligible for a car charter discount of 10-15%, depending on the route. In order to get that discount, and hold the tickets, you must pay 100% of the total at the time of the reservation with one payment method. All sales are final. There are no refunds and no rescheduling on charters.
- Charter/ Group Event Tickets
- Charter and group discounts are available on the following rides: Hill Country Flyer, Sunset Express, Bertram Flyer, Spring Break Flyer, Summertime Train at a rate of 10% for a group and 15% for a charter.
- Charter and group discounts are available on the North Pole Flyer at a rate of 10%.
- Charter and group discounts are not available on the following rides: Murder Mystery, Beer Train, Signature Cocktail Series, Brunch Train, or other rides where food or drinks are included in the ticket price.
- We have many other rides throughout the year, and reserve the right to handle charters or groups on those rides on a case by case basis.
- All sales are final. There are no refunds and no rescheduling on group sales or charters.
- In the case of a train cancellation for whatever reason, the handling of that case, and all of its ticketing policies will be decided by the Ticket Agent on duty with approval by the Executive Director.
- Birthday Tickets
- All passengers are eligible for a complimentary birthday ticket during the month of their birthday. This offer applies to the standard Hill Country Flyer and Bertram Flyer only. This offer is good for one ticket in an excursion coach car- the Buckeye Lake, Buckeye Trail, or New Braunfels. If all excursion cars are sold out, or all rides are sold out for the month, or a specific car is not in the consist, we are unable to offer an extension to another month, another car, or another ride. Please book early to avoid a sell out. Tickets cannot be upgraded to another class of car- even when paid. For those who have birthdays in December (when there are no Bertram Flyers or Hill Country Flyers scheduled), we can extend the offer to November (the month prior). Birthday tickets cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Birthday tickets cannot be sold as a single ticket, they must be attached to at least one other full priced ticket.
Rules of the Railroad
- No smoking or vapping anywhere on the train at any time.
- All passengers must wear shoes when they are not in their seats.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s conduct at all times. NO RUNNING on the train.
- Children who have not reached their 14th birthday may not move about the train unless accompanied by an adult (18 years or older).
- Do not step on the yellow painted areas between cars.
- Do not put head, arms or anything else out of the windows.
- Do not open or close your window. Please ask your car attendant for assistance.
- Please ask your car attendant if you wish to have your seat turned.
- Look forward first when using the Dutch doors.
- Beware of close clearance at Leander Metro.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed unless provided by a caterer or ASTA. When alcohol is provided, it may not be taken off the train.
- The restrooms in the cars may not be open in some cars when we are stationary.
- Please do not leave valuables on the train while we are in Bertram/Burnet.
- No guns, concealed or open car are permitted on the train.Required signs are posted.
- Violations of these rules may result in removal from the train.
- Children under 3 years old must ride in the lap of an adult.
- The Austin & Texas Central Railroad makes every effort to maintain its schedule, but reserves the right to alter schedules or equipment without notice and cannot be held liable for delays, whatever the cause.
- The Austin & Texas Central Railroad has the right to revise its fares and policies at any time.
- As we operate vintage train equipment, changes to modern conveniences may occasionally occur- such as, but not limited to, changes in temperature, level of lighting, or operation of restroom facilities. These changes may require alterations to our entertainment or schedule. ASTA makes every effort to maintain its schedule, entertainment plan, and modern conveniences, but reserves the right to make alterations without notice and cannot be held liable for delays or changes whatever the cause.
Notice to Passengers with Disabilities
ASTA welcomes all passengers, including passengers with disabilities, and attempts to provide accommodations for all of its passengers. ASTA operates historic railroad equipment and the construction of the equipment limits accessibility. A wheelchair lift is available that can accommodate most wheelchairs and motorized chairs and lift these chairs and occupants from the boarding platform to the entry doors for the railroad cars. Entry doors maximum width is 27″.
ASTA also has available a transfer chair to assist its passengers.
If a passenger is unable to move from a chair to one of the seats in the cars, the passenger should give advance notice to ASTA as there are limited areas where a passenger in a wheelchair can be accommodated, must call to make arrangements.
Please inform ASTA in advance of any special needs for a passenger and ASTA will attempt to make accommodations.
Additionally, service and companion animals are always welcome on board the train. Owners of companion animals should provide a doctor’s letter when booking a ride. Pets may travel with us but must remain their carrier while on board.Service and companion animals are always welcome on board the train. Owners of companion animals should provide a doctor’s letter when booking a ride. Pets may travel with us but must remain their carrier while on board.